This is a blog about the Cedar Policy Language.
I'm Darin McAdams, Sr. Principal Engineer in Amazon Web Services and part of the team that originally built Cedar.
This is my personal blog covering Cedar topics such as the language design, usage patterns, and various other curiosities. All opinions are my own. All intelligent statements probably come from my teammates.
- December 5, 2023 - A quick guide to partial evaluation
- July 16, 2023 - How well do Cedar policies compress?
- June 27, 2023 - Why doesn't Cedar allow wildcards in Entity Ids?
- June 25, 2023 - Why doesn't Cedar have regexes or string formatting operators?
- June 25, 2023 - Why doesn't Cedar support floating-point numbers?
- June 25, 2023 - Why does Cedar ignore policies that error?
- June 25, 2023 - Why do Cedar policies end with a semi-colon?
- June 12, 2023 - Why was Cedar created?